12 Parlour

parlour 1
parlour 2
parlour 3 parlour 4 parlour 5

Faith carrying a cross in her right hand

Scroll “Fervent in spirit serving the Lord

Charity with children Scroll “ Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God” Hope carrying an anchor in her left hand

No inscription or record traced.

The minutes dated 22/3/1878 record that the Building Committee was authorised to erect three stained glass windows on the ?(illegible) wall to harmonise with the memorial windows to be erected on the same side.  Report on opening says “all the windows on the west wall had been secured by members of the congregation as memorials of deceased relations.” Two windows gifted by Daniel Stuart Wilkie and two gifted by William Laird in the west wall, 1878, give no indication that they are “memorials”. All other windows except the above five were gifted.  The conclusion seems to be that these five were erected by the building committee.

 


The Windows
Webpage icon 1 West Vestibule
Webpage icon 2 West Wall 1 & 2
Webpage icon 3 West Wall 3 & 4
Webpage icon 4 West Wall 5 & 6
Webpage icon 5 West Wall 7 & 8
Webpage icon 6 West Wall 9 & 10
Webpage icon 7 East Wall 9 & 10
Webpage icon 8 East Wall 7 & 8
Webpage icon 9 East Wall 5 & 6
Webpage icon 10 East Wall 3 & 4
Webpage icon 11 East Wall 1 & 2
Webpage icon 13 Chancel
Webpage icon 14 Six-Light Traceried Window at Rear of Gallery
Webpage icon 15 West Clerestory 1, 2 & 3
Webpage icon 16 West Clerestory 4, 5 & 6
Webpage icon 17 West Clerestory 7, 8 & 9
Webpage icon 18 West Clerestory 10, 11 & 12
Webpage icon 19 West Clerestory 13, 14 & 15
Webpage icon 20 East Clerestory 13, 14 & 15
Webpage icon 21 East Clerestory 10, 11 & 12
Webpage icon 22 East Clerestory 7, 8 & 9
Webpage icon 23 East Clerestory 4, 5 & 6
Webpage icon 24 East Clerestory 1, 2 & 3
Webpage icon 25 Church Hall
Printer Printable Version